Thursday, May 9, 2013

Today's Prayer - May 8, 2013


Hey everyone,

This is an article I get every day or so from the International Mission Board.  I think that all Christians should pray for one another and this is one way to unify our efforts for particular things going on around our world.  Please join me in praying for these world leaders, missionaries, and most of the all that those in darkness will see Jesus.

__________________________

May 8, 2013

“Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation. Give heed to the voice of my cry, my King and my God, for to You I will pray.” (Psalm 5:1-2)

WORLD LEADERS - “Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence” (1 Timothy 2: 1-2). Please pray today for Governor Mark Capes of Saint Helena (South Atlantic Ocean, midway between South America and Africa).

BASQUE OF WESTERN EUROPE (bahsk) - “T, an unbeliever, is the husband of J, who’s a believer. A few weeks ago, they both attended one of our new outreach groups, so we decided to invite them over for coffee. We were a little surprised to open the front door and see only J. Apparently T was scared to enter our home and spend time with us, so he decided to go food shopping instead. After a few hours, he sent her a text message, saying that he was outside and ready to go home. J messaged him back, saying she wasn’t ready yet and to please wait. To our amazement, he rang the doorbell and entered our home. As soon as he sat down, we gave him a cup of coffee and I handed him a homemade brownie. I apologized that it was no longer warm since I was timing it for their original arrival. T was thrilled. He had lived in the United States for a few years and had fallen in love with brownies. It seems like that was all he could talk about. I’ve never known anyone else as thrilled as he was about getting to eat a brownie! Please pray that the Lord will use something as simple as a brownie to touch and open the heart of this man. Pray that as his wife remains faithful to the Lord, T’s heart will be forgiven and changed forever. And lastly, pray that he will be protected from the evil one.”

LAST FRONTIER - Lift up workers who are in need of visas to work in a limited-access area that is home to a Last Frontier people group. Applications have been submitted and the personnel are waiting for the response. Pray that the response will be positive, allowing these workers to continue the work they know the Lord has given them.

No comments:

Post a Comment